Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 02, 2009

A New Year a New Start

This is 2009 , finally!
I have decided with espically the stress im under and for health reasons to start the weaning process of our 2/12 year old son which will be 3 in april.

So I guess we are on the road to weaning from breastfeeding.
Getting them to find your breast when your children are first born is the easy part then weaning is a whole different story.
I decided to go with long term breastfeeding but our son is now turning3 years old soon and I personally feel for myself I m ready to stop.
Breastfeeding has been a wonderful journey with our son building bonds that are so very important and strong but It really hurts me to see him cry and ask for my milk and I just simply cant any longer.
We happen to co sleep as well and so I have not really got a good nights rest in 3 years.
Co sleeping is wonderful but I think that they should sleep in a “side car “ bed and then eventually off to their own bed.
By nature I roll around a lot at night, one side to the other then on my belly. When I have to roll over and breastfeed all night I cant move. Im between my husband and my son. Not comfortable and irritated because im so uncomfortable.

Yet I feel so sad that this part of both of our lives is soon to be over. I remember just like yesterday he was a new born in my arms so tiny and fragile. Breastfeeding has been a great way for us to connect even if we have a disagreement.
He needs to rely more on solid foods, he tends to be very picky and does obviously eat normal foods just not the kind of variety I would like him to have.
So right along with many other things im starting here in the new year this is one of my newest ventures...

0 comments: